Saturday, June 21, 2014

Puppy chow down

Kristen asks:
My puppy eats his food way too fast.  How can I make him eat slower without having to give him little bits at a time?

There is quite a market out there for dog food dispensing.  The cheapest and most effective method I have found is the Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball.  It is a rubber ball with a hole in it where you pour the food.  Due to the construction of the ball, the food only comes out when the ball is rolled around.  This serves to help your pooch exercise their brain and get their food in small bits at a time.  Here's a video of the Tricky Treat Ball (or as we call it in my house, the bumble ball) in action:


They come in three sizes according to the size of their bits of food and can be found many pet stores (including Amazon).

Bonus:  my (blurry) dog Oscar in anticipation of his bumble ball:

No comments:

Post a Comment