Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Me, My Shelf and I

Carly asks:
Hey Beth, I need to put a shelf in my pantry, where can I go to find one on the cheap?

"94.7thHStreetFestival.NE.WDC.17September2011" by Elvert Barnes licensed under  CC BY-SA 2.0

When looking for shelf to be placed in an exact amount of space, the cheapest route to take would be to make your own.  You may be able to find something pre-made to fit the measurements of your pantry, but unless it is a pretty standard size, you may not have much choice when it comes to cost.

In the Washington, D.C. area, I suggest checking out Community Forklift.  They are a treasure trove of reclaimed building materials and a DIYer's dream!  In addition to shelves or shelf pieces, you can also score some brass doorknobs, a claw-foot bathtub or a vintage light fixture.  The prices are incredibly reasonable and you'll be reusing instead of buying new!

No comments:

Post a Comment